Saturday, March 22, 2014

Hedwig goes to Hogwarts

Meet Hedwig.
"Owl selfie!"
Hedwig lives a quiet life on my book shelf. We've had a very comfortable arrangement since 2002, when we met in a bookstore at the mall.
"It's not much, but it's home."
Other than some additions in 2003, 2005, and 2007, nothing much changes for Hedwig.
"These weren't here when I arrived."
But then, last week, Hedwig had a wild idea: Hedwig decided to go to Hogwarts. She kindly permitted me to accompany her, as she didn't precisely know the way.
"If you drove a Ford Anglia, we'd be there by now."
Matt and I drove her to the airport.
"Am I doing this right?"
"So this is how muggles 'fly'?"
We stayed with Matt's grandparents in Florida. Hedwig spent a lot of time lounging by the pool.

We visited a museum exhibit about Da Vinci.
"This painting doesn't talk much..."
"I take back everything I said about the other muggle flying device..."
Finally, we made it to Hogwarts.
"I knew it was real!"
She bought a few postcards...
"I shall send it to myself!"
...chatted up the other owls...
"This is the best day ever!"
...and saw the sights.
"Are you seeing this?"
"They're singing my song!"
We picked up a few Universal Studios souvenir pennies on our way out.
"You'll have to help me with the crank..."
We spent a day at the beach...

...where Hedwig built a Hogwarts sand castle.
"I'm an owl, not an architect."
Finally, it was time to come home. I'm sure Hedwig will remember her trip fondly.
Say, what have you got there, Hedwig?
I suppose it was time for a change, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment